THE PALACE RESIDENCY
The Palace is a community, kingdom and carnival, opening our doors to early career creatives and industry professionals alike. Step out of the expectations of the professional world and free fall into exploration, where judgement is barred and the process of creation is the end goal.
- 700 year old palace
- 100 artists / 25+ art forms / 10+ nationalities
- Talks, workshops and support from industry professionals
- Access to 20+ onsite projects
- Residency, showcase and festival weekend
- Join an international network of creatives and spring board future collaborations.
Our vision is to become a creative retreat that is recognised for its diversity of creative influence, learning opportunities and breadth of artforms with this year's residency having greater emphasis on on-site collaboration.
How can I get involved?
How is the residency structured?
All activities are optional, feel free to work on your own project independently or in collaborative groups at any point in the day. The Friday showcase opens the festival weekend, showing the work from the artists in residence with 100 more guests joining as audience.
We believe everyone has something to give, no matter how modest, messy, undeveloped or masterful and by bringing you together we can create a truly unique experience that recognises the potential of the individual and inspires our practise through the collective. Collaboration, support and inquisitive play are key to this, and The Palace works to embody these values through the space we create and the people we invite into it.
Through bringing together a diversity of people, we hope to promote collaboration across a breadth of artistic disciplines, cultures and experiences; to give people an audience free from expectation, yet one that asks you to share, critique and talk; a collective that lends a hand to test ideas and supports the development process.
We invite you to get stuck in with whatever takes your fancy, no matter how skilled or inexperienced you might be; this is a festival of contributors and creations without boundaries. We ask you to be nothing other than willing.
€150 residency pass includes:
- 14th - 20th July : Residency
- 21st - 23rd July : Showcase and Festival
- 2 meals and drink a day
- Creative materials *
- Talks, workshops and performance opportunities to join our festival lineup
- Your own contributor profile on our website - see Artists & Contributors
- Your contribution to the festival weekend professionally filmed and photographed – see 2016 Footage Gallery
- Access to sleeping barn accommodation (please bring bedding) and camp site (please bring tent)
* provisions / subsidy to be discussed on an individual project basis if you are accepted onto the residency
What was last year like?
RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
If you are an industry professional interested in joining our talk line up or workshop program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there!!